Ward Orientation Clock
Supplier: DF Sales
£570.00 (Excl. VAT)
£684.00 (Incl. VAT)
Our Ward Orientation Clock provides a constant and reassuring source of information on time and place in communal areas such as hospital wards, day rooms, nursing homes etc.
The clock unit includes custom software which can be attached to a large screen.
This software supports patient orientation by displaying the time of day in different formats, the place name, and seasonal pictures, through slowly changing screens.
The time is displayed in 3 formats:
- Traditional clock face
- Digital time, AM or PM, day of the week & date
- Now it’s + (day of the week) + (time of day i.e. morning, afternoon, evening, night)
The ‘place name’ screen is customisable e.g. “Royal United Hospital, Bath”.
The seasonal pictures slideshow can be displayed at two specific times of day (e.g. visiting times). There is also an option to include your own seasonal pictures.
The Ward Orientation Clock was developed in close association with Combe Ward (Older People’s Unit) at the Royal United Hospital, Bath and is primarily aimed at reassuring people who are out of their usual routine, or who have dementia.
- Large screen with large text creates more impact than standard size day/date clocks and is more visible to everyone in the environment
- The presentation of time and basic information in different formats is comprehensive, inclusive and helpful to people who have variable levels of cognition
- It identifies day and night which is beneficial in 24 hour environments like hospitals and nursing homes
- The screen assists staff by answering and reinforcing questions like ‘where am I?’ and ‘what time is it?’ These are questions that are frequently and repeatedly asked.
- The seasonal slideshows are visual clues as to the time of year and they provide an enjoyable pictorial view of the outside that is often not available and can encourage conversation
- It provides a reference for important contextual information, reassuring people who are confused and vulnerable
- Orientation information is automatically up to date, no staff input is needed (unlike more basic calendar signage boards)
- Everyone, including people with dementia, can access it
How to Order
Available from DF Sales.