Fundraising Standards Board (FRSB)
We are proud to be a member of the Fundraising Standards Board.
As a member we are committed to best practice in fundraising.
We promise to always be honest, open and accountable in our fundraising, helping you to give with confidence. For more information, please visit www.givewithconfidence.org.uk.
Our Fundraising Promise
The FRSB works to ensure that organisations raising money for charity from the public do so honestly and properly. As members of the scheme, we follow the Institute of Fundraising’s Code of Fundraising Practice and comply with the key principles embodied in the Code and in this Promise
We Are Committed to High Standards
- We do all we can to ensure that fundraisers, volunteers and fundraising contractors working with us to raise funds comply with the Code and with this Promise
- We comply with the law including those that apply to data protection, health and safety and the environment
We Are Honest and Open
- We tell the truth and do not exaggerate
- We do what we say we are going to do
- We answer all reasonable questions about our fundraising activities and costs. Please contact us, visit our website or see our Annual Report if you require further details
We Are Clear
- We are clear about who we are, what we do and how your gift is used
- Where we have a promotional agreement with a commercial company, we make clear how much of the purchase price we receive
- We give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and amend a regular commitment
We Are Respectful
- We respect the rights, dignities and privacy of our supporters and beneficiaries
- We will not put undue pressure on you to make a gift and if you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so
We Are Fair and Reasonable
- We take care not to use any images or words that cause unjustifiable distress or offence
- We take care not to cause unreasonable nuisance or disruption
We Are Accountable
- If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint
- We have a complaints procedure, a copy of which is available on request. If we cannot resolve your complaint, we accept the authority of the FRSB to make a final adjudication
Our Complaints Process
If we were ever to receive any complaints about our fundraising activities we would take them very seriously and the following complaints process would be followed, as recommended by the Fundraising Standards Board (FRSB).
If you have a fundraising complaint then please contacts us by phone or in writing. If you phone and are not satisfied with our response, we will take your contact details and acknowledge the complaint in writing within 14 days. This will also be automatically done if you contact us in writing. We will then seek to resolve the issue within 30 days.
We will log all the details, and contact you if further information is felt to be required. If a third party is involved (such as a supplier) we will contact them as well.
Having gathered all the information we will seek a meeting with the appropriate senior person in your organisation, and any third parties involved. This meeting will assess the complaint, and determine what action needs to be taken. Any alleged breach of the FRSB Fundraising Promise will be recorded. The outcome of this meeting will be one of two options.
- The complaint is justified. We will write to apologise, and let you know how the complaint will be used to improve future fundraising activities, and how we intend to prevent any recurrence of the problem.
- The complaint is not justified. We will write to let you know the reasons for our position.
If you are not happy with our response you can then refer the matter to the Fundraising Standards Board within 2 months of receiving our response, and we will send them all the correspondence.